Baked Salmon Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Pat salmon dry. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. brush with butter. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salmon.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked salmon equals 209 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.