Baked Salmon with Crumb Topping
Fishing for a new way to serve salmon that's special enough for company? Our Test Kitchen staff came up with this elegant entree. A generous topping of bread crumbs, almonds, green onion and seasonings gives moist salmon a tasty treatment.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, onion, thyme, salt and
- pepper; mix well. Add butter and toss lightly; set aside. Pat salmon
- dry. Place skin side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan
- coated with cooking spray. Spritz salmon with cooking spray; cover
- with crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked salmon) equals 273 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.