Baked Salmon with Crumb Topping Recipe
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, onion, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well. Add butter and toss lightly; set aside. Pat salmon dry. Place skin side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spritz salmon with cooking spray; cover with crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked salmon) equals 273 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.