Baked Salmon Steaks
This delightful recipe finally convinced my husband that fish is fantastic! The entree is quick enough for weekday dinners yet impressive enough for weekend guests.Jill Anderson, Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon steaks (8 ounces each)
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place salmon in
- a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon chipotle mixture
- over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime wedges.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon steak equals 488 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 45 g protein.