Baked Salisbury Steak Recipe
In her Newton, Kansas kitchen, Elsie Epp bakes ground beef patties in a mushroom soup gravy to create this mild, moist main course that's a mere 66 cents a serving. "This recipe is easy and quick," she notes. "I get compliments whenever I serve it."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup each chopped green pepper, celery and onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, eggs, green pepper, celery, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides; drain.
- 2. Place patties in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soup, water and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC