Baked Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup each chopped green pepper, celery and onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, eggs, green pepper, celery, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides; drain.
- Place patties in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soup, water and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Baked Salisbury Steak
Sort By :
This is my husband's all-time favorite recipe for salisbury steaks! It is so flavorful and moist! We cut the recipe in half, except for the can of golden mushroom soup. It makes extra gravy that way! When I make this dish for company, I double the last three ingredients to make extra gravy. I serve over rice! Delicious!
This was a great dish, I cut it in half because it is just two of us but next time I will def make the whole recipe. It was really good over rice... yum :)
I split this into 2 square casserole dishes instead. Bake on for now then cover and freeze the other for a quick dinner later on. Half of this recipe is perfect for our smaller family and we all love it!
My family loved it and went back for more!
I made this one night for dinner and got rave reviews from my husband and family, very easy, quick, moist and yummy. I used 1 lb. grnd turkey and 1 lb. grnd beef, it came out very good.