Baked Rosemary-Rhubarb Spread Recipe
Looking for a snack that's easy to put together? This zippy spread is seasoned with rosemary, garlic and crushed red pepper, and then sprinkled with toasted pine nuts. "The rhubarb adds a tangy note," says Joan Ranzini from Waynesboro, Virginia.
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place rhubarb in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, egg, flour, rosemary, garlic and pepper flakes; cover and process until blended. Add rhubarb; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 57 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Baked Rosemary-Rhubarb Spread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC