To serve a dozen people without any extra effort, simply double this recipe and prepare two of these hearty pasta bakes. —Elaine Neukirch, Genoa, Illinois
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 5 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and wine.
Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little spaghetti sauce if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Rigatoni & Sausage in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p84
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Baked Rigatoni & Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review