This rice has a mild, pleasant flavor. For color and extra nutrition, I sometimes add a bit of carrot, celery, tomato, peas or corn—whatever I have handy.—Mary Jo Massnick, Stuart, Florida
1 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- In a greased 12-oz. baking dish, combine broth, rice, parsley, salt
- and pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 4 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.