- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- In an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish, combine all the ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring after 25 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Rice Pilaf
"Very, very good taste, I loved it! Maybe 1 1/2 cup of water the next time instead of 1 3/4 :)"
"Appealing to the eye with a great taste. I used brown rice and it cooked just a tad longer. Made a double batch so I could have leftovers. It would be a great "base" for fried rice!!! I will definitely make this again. Thanks!"
"Great side dish!"
"LOVED this dish! I agree with another reviewer that said her 3 year old non-carrot-eater ate it. Both of my kids thought it was great! This is so easy! It took about 20 minutes longer than the suggested baking time, but certainly worth the wait for me."