- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- In an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish, combine all the ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring after 25 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Rice Pilaf
"This is a nice,easy side dish that tastes great. I love putting it in the oven along with something else that's baking such as roast chicken or meat loaf."
"Very, very good taste, I loved it! Maybe 1 1/2 cup of water the next time instead of 1 3/4 :)"
"Appealing to the eye with a great taste. I used brown rice and it cooked just a tad longer. Made a double batch so I could have leftovers. It would be a great "base" for fried rice!!! I will definitely make this again. Thanks!"
"Great side dish!"
"LOVED this dish! I agree with another reviewer that said her 3 year old non-carrot-eater ate it. Both of my kids thought it was great! This is so easy! It took about 20 minutes longer than the suggested baking time, but certainly worth the wait for me."
"It took a little while to do the chopping, but this is a really great potluck-type dish. Tasty and easy!"
"Great combination for baked salmon and easy 2 prepare."
"Delicious! We love baked rice and I like the addition of carrot and celery in this one. So simple to make, and really good - this is going in our regular rotation."
"The whole family loved it - even my 3 year old who generally refused to eat things with carrots in them. I took the advice of a previous reviewer and added boiling water to reduce the cooking time. It took about 30 minutes."