- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- In an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish, combine all the ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring after 25 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Rice Pilaf
Sort By :
"It took a little while to do the chopping, but this is a really great potluck-type dish. Tasty and easy!"
"Great combination for baked salmon and easy 2 prepare."
"Delicious! We love baked rice and I like the addition of carrot and celery in this one. So simple to make, and really good - this is going in our regular rotation."
"The whole family loved it - even my 3 year old who generally refused to eat things with carrots in them. I took the advice of a previous reviewer and added boiling water to reduce the cooking time. It took about 30 minutes."
"One of our favorite Rice Pilaf Dishes!"