- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, paprika and salt; rub over ribs. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 hours. Drain fat from ribs.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the ginger, cloves, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until berries have popped, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Brush 1/2 cup sauce over ribs; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until tender. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ribs with Cranberry-Chipotle Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p52
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Baked Ribs with Cranberry-Chipotle Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review