- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 10 ounces sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Russian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- Rye crackers
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients; stir in caraway seeds, if desired. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Baked Reuben Dip
"Made this for Girl's Night Out. Only change was I cut the sauerkraut in half as I am not a big fan. Lots of great cooks attended and all wanted the recipe. Made mine in a 9x9 casserole dish. Could be made in two smaller dishes and half of it frozen for another time. However, at a gathering of guys and gals, the larger offering would probably be gone in a flash. Great dish and very well received."
"Yummy! Made with 32 oz bag sauerkraut, 3/4 lb corned beef, 12 oz swiss, no cheddar, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup thousand island dressing. I will add more corned beef next time, maybe 1 to 1 1/2 lb. Served with Sociables crackers, but will try to find rye Melba toasts or toast my own rye mini bread."
"I prepared this recipe for the first time! I used: 2 round greased 7" foil pans to bake the dip in! I also used: 2 cups of well-rinsed and drained sauerkraut, 8 thinly sliced pieces of pastrami, finely chopped, 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded, 2 cups finely shredded Swiss cheese, 1/4 cup 1000 Island salad dressing, and the 1 tsp. caraway seed! This appetizer should definitely score high-I plan to use it at the hospital for my volunteer stint on Wednesday/Thursday of this week! I bought a loaf of Jewish Rye Bread, a package of Everything Bagels and a package of Rye/Pumpernickel Swirl Bread. as dippers. I also had a deli-style cold cut/deli-style cheese challenge this week on the Cook's Corner for TOH! This dish was PERFECT to use! Thank you, Jeffrey Metzler, for sharing your recipe! I guarantee that I'll be using it again when the time is right! delowenstein"
"I made this as a trial run for St. Patrick's Day, and it was delicious! Will make this again!"
"First time making it and it was a hit!"