- eggplant mixture, tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt. Bring to
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the
- Meanwhile, cut green peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place
- in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place
- about 3 tablespoons eggplant mixture in each pepper half; top with a
- piece of cheese and sprinkle with marjoram. Top with tomato sauce
- and remaining eggplant mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until peppers are
- tender. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over peppers.
- Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until topping is golden
- brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed pepper half equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.