Baked Potatoes with Chili
To devise this recipe, I just experimented with ingredients I had on handand was delighted with the results! It can easily be doubled to serve more people. And except for the wonderful taste, the best part is that it's a "meal in a spud"...you don't even need a side dish!Nadine Behrend, Everett, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili
- Butter, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven. In a skillet,
- brown ground beef; drain. Add onion and zucchini; saute until onion
- is transparent. Heat chili in a saucepan; stir in ground beef and
- vegetables. Slice baked potatoes open; add a pat of butter if
- desired. Spoon chili into each potato and top with cheese, sour
- cream and salsa.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 595 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 31 g protein.