Baked Potato Soup
A NEIGHBOR brought over her children's cookbook to show us, and I discovered this recipe for our favorite soup in it!
Not only is it delicious, but it's easy to prepare and makes a small amount perfect for my husband and me. It tastes like "restaurant" soup but is lower in fat.
-Linda Mumm, Davenport, Iowa
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. cubes; place half in a blender.
- Add broth; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan.
- Stir in sour cream, pepper and remaining potatoes. Cook over low
- heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheese, bacon
- and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 277 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 1,061 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.