A NEIGHBOR brought over her children's cookbook to show us, and I discovered this recipe for our favorite soup in it! Not only is it delicious, but it's easy to prepare and makes a small amount perfect for my husband and me. It tastes like "restaurant" soup but is lower in fat. -Linda Mumm, Davenport, Iowa
- 2 medium potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. cubes; place half in a blender. Add broth; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan. Stir in sour cream, pepper and remaining potatoes. Cook over low heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheese, bacon and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Potato Soup in Reminisce Extra December 1997, p47
Reviews for Baked Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review