- 2 medium potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. cubes; place half in a blender. Add broth; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan. Stir in sour cream, pepper and remaining potatoes. Cook over low heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheese, bacon and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Soup
"LOVED THIS RECIPE!! it was simple, fast, and tons of flavor, will use again!"
"I've never had baked potato soup, this one seemed easy enough for my class to make. It was thick and creamy but lacking seasoning. If I make it again I would add more to it. The cheese and bacon topping was perfect."
"This is my family's favorite potato soup recipe. It's so easy to make, my teenage son fixes it by himself."
"This was ok. Fairly bland."