Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until tender; cool completely. Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes and green onions. Garnish with bacon and cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Soup(13)
Sort By :
This is the BEST potato soup ever!!!
I made this soup to feed the 12 people in our office for lunch one day (doubled the recipe). It very quickly disappeared and I regularly have request to fix it over and over. I add garlic and onion powder for extra flavor.
Hubby loved it! Will definitely make again:)
The absolute best baked potato soup ever! The only negative: there are never any left overs!
This is the best potato soup I have ever made. We make this many times every winter and it please my kids and my parents.