Baked Potato Skins Recipe
Now this restaurant favorite can be prepared at home. Be sure to make enough because they will quickly disappear. You can use the leftover potato pulp to make a batch of mashed potatoes.—Terry Hill, Hairy Hill, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling YIELD:6-10 servings
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp or fully cooked ham, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 in. shell. (Save removed potato pulp for another use.)
- 2. Cut skins into strips or halves; brush skin sides with butter and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle pulp sides with salt and paprika; top each with the green onions, bacon, ham or shrimp, chopped peppers and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and skins are crisp. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 432 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC