Baked Potato Skins Recipe
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp or fully cooked ham, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 in. shell. (Save removed potato pulp for another use.)
- 2. Cut skins into strips or halves; brush skin sides with butter and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle pulp sides with salt and paprika; top each with the green onions, bacon, ham or shrimp, chopped peppers and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and skins are crisp. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6-10 servings.
1 each: 432 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Baked Potato Skins
"These were good, but next time I think I'll leave a little more potato in the skins."
"I made these recently for a party we were having. They were a big hit! I did not have green pepper so I left that out and these were still great. I will definitely be making these again."
"I have made these on a couple of different occasions - now whenever we are invited over for a cook-out - I am asked to make them!"
"Wonderful!! my 2 favorite foods together"
"I make these for my family holiday parties and there are never any leftovers..."
"I think my family will really like this recipe. The grandkids will help me make it for their dad on Father's Day."
"This recipe is awesome! I took this dish to a Christmas party last night and everyone (including my fussy brother) loved this recipe. It is easy to make and is totally a welcomed treat to any get together. Thanks for the great recipe...."
"Sure wish I could get this receipe on a group menu for 100 people."