Baked Potato Skins Recipe
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp or fully cooked ham, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 in. shell. (Save removed potato pulp for another use.)
- Cut skins into strips or halves; brush skin sides with butter and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle pulp sides with salt and paprika; top each with the green onions, bacon, ham or shrimp, chopped peppers and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and skins are crisp. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6-10 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Skins(6)
Sort By :
I have made these on a couple of different occasions - now whenever we are invited over for a cook-out - I am asked to make them!
Wonderful!! my 2 favorite foods together
I make these for my family holiday parties and there are never any leftovers...
I think my family will really like this recipe. The grandkids will help me make it for their dad on Father's Day.
This recipe is awesome! I took this dish to a Christmas party last night and everyone (including my fussy brother) loved this recipe. It is easy to make and is totally a welcomed treat to any get together. Thanks for the great recipe....
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >