- 4-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with oil and dressing mixes. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl; add peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggs and bacon. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Salad
"I've gotten requests for this recipe from friends. The Italian salad dressing makes this great. I don't add the tomatoes and only add one pepper - if at all. (For crunch I will add celery). Extra bacon is always good."
"I'm sorry to say my family did not like this recipe. We ended up tossing it out. Needless to say I won't be making this again. However the potatoes roasted with the italian dressing and olive oil are tasty. I do make just the roasted potatoes as a side dish minus all the extra indgredients."
"This was good, but maybe a little too different for my taste. My family thought it was good but didn't rave about it. I think it's just too many flavors to consider it a potato salad. For all that goes into it, I probably won't make again."
"This is my favorite potato salad recipe. The only change I made was to add fresh garlic"
"<p>This is my favorite potato salad recipe. The only thing I changed was to use fresh garlic.</p>"
"This is a different taste for potato salad and will probably make again but it may not be my traditional recipe that I usually make."
"Everybody raved about the salad. Roasting the potatoes gave it a much bolder potato taste. They were looking for more at the next party!!"
"I took this to a family party and it was voted a make again. I didn't have 40 min. to cook it so I micro-waved it for 5 min. and then baked it for 20 min. and I didn't have tomatoes, but otherwise followed the recipe."
"Awesome!! Only things I did different was to use fresh basil (more) and no tomatoes. It's a keeper. Everyone loved it at our 4th of July cook out!"