Baked Potato Salad Recipe
I was tired of the ordinary potato salads served so often in summer, so I came up with this hearty flavorful variation. My family has enjoyed it now for several years, and I'm asked to make it whenever there's a get-together or cookout. I'm sure you'll like it as much as we do. -Barbara O'Kane, Greenwood Lake, New York
- 4-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with oil and dressing mixes. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl; add peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggs and bacon. Toss gently.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 239 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC