- 1 package (6 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 3 medium unpeeled potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 to 5 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare crust according to package directions. Press dough into a lightly greased 14-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until crust is firm and begins to brown.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes. In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Add potatoes and toss. Spread sour cream over crust; top with potato mixture, bacon, onions and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Baked Potato Pizza
"We LOVED this recipe!! I make slight changes - sliced instead of chopped the potatoes, subbed half the sour cream for ranch and used only mozzarella as that was all we had. It was so good! Can't wait to make it again!"
"the sour cream was no longer creamy once i cooked it. I should have used a cream cheese perhaps with ranch dressing mixed in it. I like my pizza crispy so i cooked it longer than just 15 mins and that may have helped make the sour cream not-so-good.I had two packs of dough and i ruined it by putting too much water in it (rookie mistake!!) so i had to hop to the store across the street and they didn't have the packs of pizza dough. To make up for my idiotic mistake just moments before i felt i had to really be smart and picked up flour tortilla shells. To have come back home to my starch-loving husband and tell him that he would not enjoy a potato pizza would have been inhumane since he was Really looking forward to this new dish.SO...i did add bell peppers to the pizzas (i was able to make four from all the stuff i had) and i baked red potatoes with peelings on so it added a nice consistency. Cutting them then baking them on a baking sheet was quicker, i think, than trying to cook whole potatoes in foil in the oven. The tortillas made it more of a thin crust pizza so the gamble paid off i think.I do not enjoy two starches like dough and potatoes and so if it wasn't for my husband i would have never have tried this recipe. So i could not penalize the recipe for being exactly what it was. the loss of one star was purely from the sour cream situation. I put a thin layer of sour cream on it, thankfully, so it was not inedible. I may try it again if my husband remembers to ask for it :)"
"great kid-pleaser! I added some sauteed onions as well and cut the sour cream with a little ranch for extra flavor"
"Outstanding, followed the recipe exactly except, after baking and cutting potatoes, I fried them in leftover bacon drippings and drained on paper towels before tossing in spices. I loved it! Thank you. I also cooled crust before spreading on sour cream."
"Served it as a breakfast pizza, family and guests loved it. I should have made more than two. (THUMBS UP)"
"I am going to try this and toss the potatoes with bottled alfredo sauce and skip the sour cream, bet it will be just as tasty!"
"This was very good. I made it just as directed. I would only suggest that the pizza crust cool before proceeding with the sour cream etc. Will definitely make this again."
"This is a great recipe that I've been using for a couple of years now. I typically use a refrigerated, prepared crust and instead of all sour cream, I use 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup ranch dressing. Everyone loves it when I make this pizza! Another pizza I make to go alongside it, for pizza parties, is a BBQ pizza. Prepared crust, baked for 10 mins, then spread with a prepared pork BBQ (found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store), topped with cheddar cheese and baked. Two crazy, but tasty pizzas!"
"This is a favorite! Everyone who has tried it loves it!! :)"
"I thought the sound of this was crazy...but it has now become a FAVORITE meal!!!! The only thing i do different is 4Tbls of butter!"