- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and coarsely mashed (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup onions until blended. Cover; cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining cheese, onions and, if desired, bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Cheddar Soup
Sort By :
"It was very good and really simple to make. Definitely will make it again."
"Yummy, and so easy. will make again"
"My husband really enjoyed this, but I found it a touch bland. Will make it again and try to add something special to it."
"How could you make this gluten free? Cornstarch instead of flour?"
"It was great! I had been searching for a perfect potato soup and came across this recipe. I decided to chop my potatoes instead of mashing them. I will be definitely keeping this one. Everybody loved it."