- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and coarsely mashed (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup onions until blended. Cover; cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining cheese, onions and, if desired, bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Cheddar Soup
Sort By :
"after a crazy week , and a bitter cold snap w the first snow of the season I needed this soup!Comfort all the way.....I did add some minced onions to the mashed potatoes( plus the scallions as directed) and 2 tsp. of chicken soup base for flavor & used a cheese mix ...very creamy & comforting!"
"I wouldn't go so far as to say this is the best potato soup I've ever had but it was good if you are in a hurry. I added additional shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper as well as a sprinkle of seasoned salt and garlic powder. I still felt that it was missing something though."
"It was very good and really simple to make. Definitely will make it again."
"Yummy, and so easy. will make again"
"My husband really enjoyed this, but I found it a touch bland. Will make it again and try to add something special to it."