- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and coarsely mashed (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup onions until blended. Cover; cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining cheese and onions and, if desired, bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Cheddar Soup
Sort By :
"Great flavor. I used frozen southern hashbrowns to make this recipe even easier. Will make it again."
"It was wonderful and fast and easy to do awesome??????"
"It has better flavor if you add the cheese so it melts and then put in real bacon bits, then before serving sprinkle with onions."
"I have to say I was not pleased with the outcome of this recipe. The consistency was way to thick to call this a soup. I think it would work better if you kept the potatoes cubed instead of coarsely mashing them. We had to add more milk and way more seasoning just to make this edible. Sadly disappointed."
"This was a big hit at our house. The only change I would make is to double the recipe next time for more leftovers!"