- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and coarsely mashed (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup onions until blended. Cover; cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining cheese, onions and, if desired, bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Cheddar Soup
Sort By :
"I made this and it was well liked. I used less flour in mine."
"after a crazy week , and a bitter cold snap w the first snow of the season I needed this soup!Comfort all the way.....I did add some minced onions to the mashed potatoes( plus the scallions as directed) and 2 tsp. of chicken soup base for flavor & used a cheese mix ...very creamy & comforting!"
"I wouldn't go so far as to say this is the best potato soup I've ever had but it was good if you are in a hurry. I added additional shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper as well as a sprinkle of seasoned salt and garlic powder. I still felt that it was missing something though."
"It was very good and really simple to make. Definitely will make it again."
"Yummy, and so easy. will make again"