- 5 pounds red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 cups 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large bowl, combine potatoes and bacon. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 4-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Casserole
"Dumb question, but I'm assuming you boil the potatoes and then cube, which is what I normally would do. Title "Baked Potato Casserole Recipe" is confusing since you don't usually bake red potatoes like you do russets. I guess it's because you do bake the casserole after putting together. I am going to use the recipe to go with ham for Thanksgiving and can tell by ingredients in recipe it will be 5 stars."
"This recipe is excellent -- I used scallions instead of chives and I also cut the recipe in half since it makes a lot -- it was delicious and a nice change from the usual potato dishes.It will be a new "go to" recipe for me!"
"My boyfriend went back for a third helping! SIMPLY ELEGANT!!!!!!!!!"
"We made this casserole at home then transferred it to a crockpot to take for an annual get together of friends and family. Everyone gave it rave reviews!"
"I have a recipe similar to this using Velveta cheese instead of the other cheeses. My family loves both of these but prefers the Velveta version instead."