- 5 pounds red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 cups 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large bowl, combine potatoes and bacon. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 4-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Casserole
Sort By :
This recipe is excellent -- I used scallions instead of chives and I also cut the recipe in half since it makes a lot -- it was delicious and a nice change from the usual potato dishes.
It will be a new "go to" recipe for me!
My boyfriend went back for a third helping! SIMPLY ELEGANT!!!!!!!!!
We made this casserole at home then transferred it to a crockpot to take for an annual get together of friends and family. Everyone gave it rave reviews!
I have a recipe similar to this using Velveta cheese instead of the other cheeses. My family loves both of these but prefers the Velveta version instead.
Always enjoyed by all who eat it!