Baked Pork Loin Roast Recipe
Seasoned with a flavorful rub of sage, oregano, thyme and nutmeg, this mouthwatering roast is perfect for special occasions. The impressive entree will have guest asking for seconds.—Edith Fisher, Leyden, Massachusetts
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With a sharp knife, cut 1/2-in.-deep slits in fat side of roast. Rub spice mixture into slits and over roast. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Place onion and carrots around roast.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 40 minutes or until tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC