- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With a sharp knife, cut 1/2-in.-deep slits in fat side of roast. Rub spice mixture into slits and over roast. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Place onion and carrots around roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 40 minutes or until tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Savory Pork Roast in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p39
Reviews for Baked Pork Loin Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2015
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2011
"it's good, but i'm not a fan of thyme. If i make it again I'm leaving that spice out.."