Baked Pork Chops
In Wichita, Kansas, Wanda Plinsky relies on orange juice and canned soup to boost the flavor of this tender pork chop and rice bake. "It's very good...and a little different from your usual fare," she says.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Place the rice in
- an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; pour orange juice over rice.
- Top with pork chops and soup.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160deg;. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 404 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.