Baked Pork Chops with Stuffing Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups day-old French bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1. In a skillet, brown the pork chops in oil. Place chops in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Toss bread cubes, butter, broth, celery, onion and poultry seasoning. Mound about 1/2 cup stuffing on each pork chop.
- 2. Combine soup and water; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160° to 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 447 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Stuffing
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer