- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 to 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Place a baking sheet in a 375° oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, beat egg and milk. In another shallow dish, combine cornflake crumbs, cheese and bread crumbs. Dip pork into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and coat with cooking spray. Place chops on the sheet; bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for 10 additional minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Hot and Spicy Seasoning
"This was Great, and was quick and easy to make. It was indeed spicy, but that was what I wanted. I'll certainly make it again soon."
"Very good! A little spicy, next time I might tone it down a bit. Spice takes away from the flavor of the crush, which was really good. Will def make again."