"MY MOTHER'S wonderful corn dressing recipe goes so well with pork chops, making them especially moist and tender. This main dish takes very little time to prepare, and it's a winner every time."
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn or 1 can cream-style corn and 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 4 slices white bread, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (about 1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- Additional paprika and salt
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn, butter, celery, pimiento, bread cubes, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Arrange pork chops over dressing. Sprinkle with additional paprika and salt. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Corn Dressing in Reminisce Extra April 1993, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Corn Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review