A friend who raises pork shared this recipe with me. The lightly breaded chops with simple glazed apples on the side make a mouthwatering meal.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p124
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review