Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices
A friend who raises pork shared this recipe with me. The lightly breaded chops with simple glazed apples on the side make a mouthwatering meal.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork
- chops. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Add
- water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat
- for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally.
- Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 250 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.