Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 250 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices
"We loved this simple to prepare dish. Served with steamed broccoli and carrots, fresh bread and a salad. Will be making again."
"A++ = So easy to prepare and so darn tasty! I would definately make this again."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer