Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices Recipe
A friend who raises pork shared this recipe with me. The lightly breaded chops with simple glazed apples on the side make a mouthwatering meal.
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p124
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2009
A++ = So easy to prepare and so darn tasty! I would definately make this again.