Baked Pork Chops and Apples Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; set aside. Place apples and raisins in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with lemon juice. Arrange pork chops on top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until chops are tender and juices run clear.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, orange juice and remaining brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with pork chops just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer