In Wichita, Kansas, Wanda Plinsky relies on orange juice and canned soup to boost the flavor of this tender pork chop and rice bake. "It's very good...and a little different from your usual fare," she says.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Place the rice in an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; pour orange juice over rice. Top with pork chops and soup.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160deg;. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p9
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review