Baked Pork Chops Recipe
In Wichita, Kansas, Wanda Plinsky relies on orange juice and canned soup to boost the flavor of this tender pork chop and rice bake. "It's very good...and a little different from your usual fare," she says.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Place the rice in an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; pour orange juice over rice. Top with pork chops and soup.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160deg;. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >