Baked Pineapple-Pork Kabobs Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cubed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 18 fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 18 pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cherries and pineapple. Place in prepared pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, brown sugar, butter, pineapple juice and cloves. Spoon half of the sauce over kabobs.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender, turning halfway. Baste occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 417 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Baked Pineapple-Pork Kabobs
"Delicious. Very tender cant wait to try it again."