- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cubed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 18 fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 18 pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Hot cooked rice
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cherries and pineapple. Place in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, brown sugar, butter, pineapple juice and cloves. Spoon half of the sauce over kabobs.
- Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender, turning halfway. Baste occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pineapple-Pork Kabobs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p155
Reviews for Baked Pineapple-Pork Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2013
"Delicious. Very tender cant wait to try it again."