- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cubed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 18 fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 18 pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Hot cooked rice
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cherries and pineapple. Place in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, brown sugar, butter, pineapple juice and cloves. Spoon half of the sauce over kabobs.
- Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender, turning halfway. Baste occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pineapple-Pork Kabobs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p155
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Baked Pineapple-Pork Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2013
"Delicious. Very tender cant wait to try it again."