Baked Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broth, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon ginger; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set aside 1/4 cup pineapple (refrigerate remaining pineapple and juice for another use). In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the pineapple, orange marmalade, lemon juice and remaining ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with pineapple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 207 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Baked Pineapple Chicken
"Very easy and low calorie. Pineapple give it a nice fresh taste."
"Forgot to mention I baked it in a cast iron skillet and put it under the broiler for the last 2 minutes to blacken the chicken and pineapple just a bit."
"Made this on Saturday. Hubby requested it again on Tuesday! I did replace the soy sauce with low sodium Worcester sauce and added a teaspoon of Sticky Fingers Memphis BBQ sauce to give it some kick. Great recipe!"
"Yummy! Even the kids love this chicken! Need I say more?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.