Baked Pheasant in Gravy Recipe
"Pheasant is moist, tender and flavorful prepared this way," assures Lou Bishop of Phillips, Wisconsin.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 pheasant or grouse breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Mashed potatoes or hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pheasant pieces, one at time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pheasant on both sides in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine soup, water and broth until blended; pour over pheasant. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve with potatoes or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 1,221 calories, 40 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 482 mg cholesterol, 997 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 168 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Pheasant in Gravy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC