Baked Pheasant in Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 pheasant or grouse breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Mashed potatoes or hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pheasant pieces, one at time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pheasant on both sides in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine soup, water and broth until blended; pour over pheasant. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve with potatoes or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 1221 calories, 40g fat (15g saturated fat), 482mg cholesterol, 997mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 168g protein
Reviews for Baked Pheasant in Gravy
"this recipes taste great I added salt and pepper and some garlic powder wil browning bird was delicious"