- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 pheasant or grouse breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Mashed potatoes or hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pheasant pieces, one at time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pheasant on both sides in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine soup, water and broth until blended; pour over pheasant. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve with potatoes or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pheasant in Gravy in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p60
Reviews for Baked Pheasant in Gravy(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2011
this recipes taste great I added salt and pepper and some garlic powder wil browning bird was delicious