Baked Pears Recipe
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and halved
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1. Place pear halves, cut side up, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Place butter in the center of each; drizzle with lemon juice.
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears. Top with marmalade. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Pears
"These came out tasting great, but mine were not lovely like the ones in the picture. The melting butter largely washed the topping off the pears. I might make it again, but with much less butter and marmalade.I could see serving it over waffles. It really wasn't the pretty dessert I had in mind."
"Quick and tasty dessert; especially good in fall when pears are in season"