- 6 medium pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, optional
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Place pears cut side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves and liqueur if desired; pour over pears.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes, basting occasionally. Add bananas and blueberries; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pears are tender. Garnish servings with yogurt, strawberries and walnuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pears with Bananas in Diabetes Fall 2012 2012
Reviews for Baked Pears with Bananas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review