This dessert is versatile - you can serve it warm or cold and for any size group. Chilled pears can be dressed up with a dollop of whipped topping, fruit-filled yogurt or ice cream. -Betty Schledorn, Ocala, Florida
Recommended: Pear Desserts
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and halved
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- Place pear halves, cut side up, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Place butter in the center of each; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears. Top with marmalade. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pears in Reminisce March/April 2001, p50
Reviews for Baked Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2016
"These came out tasting great, but mine were not lovely like the ones in the picture. The melting butter largely washed the topping off the pears. I might make it again, but with much less butter and marmalade.I could see serving it over waffles. It really wasn't the pretty dessert I had in mind."