This dessert is versatile - you can serve it warm or cold and for any size group. Chilled pears can be dressed up with a dollop of whipped topping, fruit-filled yogurt or ice cream. -Betty Schledorn, Ocala, Florida
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and halved
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- Place pear halves, cut side up, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Place butter in the center of each; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears. Top with marmalade. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pears in Reminisce March/April 2001, p50
Reviews for Baked Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2012
"Quick and tasty dessert; especially good in fall when pears are in season"