For a dressed-up dessert without the fuss, try these baked peaches. This easy recipe makes a special treat that's different and delicious.Mildred Stubbs, Rockingham, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 canned peach halves, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Ice cream, optional
- Place peaches, cut side up, in a 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl,
- combine the walnuts, brown sugar, orange peel and allspice; sprinkle
- over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Serve
- warm topped with ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.