Baked Peach Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Ground nutmeg
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add the flour, milk and salt; beat until smooth.
- 2. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet in a 400° oven for 3-5 minutes or until melted. Immediately pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pancake has risen and puffed all over.
- 3. Fill with peach slices and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without sour cream) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.